I originally wrote this list of ways to stop late-night snacking during the last 6 weeks of 2020.
I didn’t follow all of these little weight loss tips, and I wasn’t all that consistent even with the ones that I DID follow. But my imperfect effort was good enough that I ended up losing 9 lbs total during that 6-week weight loss challenge, and I was pretty happy with that.
But then over the next couple years, I gained that back plus several more pounds, reaching an all-time high of 337 lbs in December 2021.
But I turned it around (down 70+ lbs from my heaviest) and made even more progress toward curbing my occasional late-night binges. You can follow my weight loss journey blog updates on here if you’re interested.
Anyway, here’s the list that I came up with back then of 21 ways to help me reduce my habit of snacking at night…
- Eat some “comfort food” at dinner to satisfy my cravings
- Drink extra water in the evening
- Put “NO SNACKING” reminder notes on kitchen cupboard and fridge
- Write “I do not eat snacks at night” 100x a day
- Keep a “NO SNACKING” rule card in my pocket every day
- Post a “NO SNACKS” note on my desk wall
- Write “NO SNACKING” on my hand – in Sharpie!
- Go to bed earlier
- Drink hot lemonade at night
- Repeat “I do not eat snacks at night” 10x every hour at night
- Read from weight loss book at night
- Stand up weight loss book on desk at night in plain sight
- Set reminder alarms every hour from 6-bedtime
- Research how to stop binge eating
- Have a non-judgy accountability partner
- Eat 4 slices of whole wheat bread with dinner
- Chew gum at dinner
- Drink caffeine free diet soda at night
- Reward myself for NOT snacking at night (with a NON-FOOD reward duh)
- “Give in” but intentionally binge on low-cal snacks at night
- Split dinner in half and eat the other half as a “snack” later on